Samsung’s smart TV virtually eliminates any need for external wireless connections with the push of a button. You can stream your favorite shows or movies from your mobile device, tablet, laptop, or PC. Mirroring your mobile device’s screen is easy too.
Google Chromecast comes pre-installed on most new Samsung Smart TV models. If you’re using a standard Chromecast, you’ll first need to plug the Chromecast into a power outlet and then connect its USB port to your TV. Then you just need to download the Google Home app to get started.
Make sure that your mobile phone or table is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast, so there is a connection between the two.
Keep reading to learn the details on how to install Chromecast on Samsung TV and other troubleshooting issues that may come up.
How to Install Chromecast on Your Samsung TV
If your Samsung TV doesn’t come with Chromecast pre-installed, you can always install the separate Chromecast on your Samsung TV. Let’s get into how to install it.
1. Plug in Your Chromecast
Connect the Chromecast to a power outlet with the micro-USB cable and power adapter.
Plug the Chromecast into your Samsung TV with the HDMI cable and one of the HDMI ports.
2. Download the Google Home App
On your mobile phone or tablet, download the Google Home App on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on your device.
The app will help you through the initial setup and where you will need to go to change settings and configurations.
Do know that you need a Google account in order to use the app. Open a Google account if you don’t already have one.
3. Set Up Chromecast
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the “+”
- Select “Set up device”
- Select “New Device”
Follow the remaining prompts to complete the setup.
Depending on which Chromecast model you have, it may ask you to enter your Wi-Fi password and other information it needs.
How to Use the Built-In Chromecast on Samsung Smart TVs
To get started using Chromecast if it’s built-in on your Samsung Smart TV, follow these simple instructions.
1. Download the SmartThings App -The app will let you control Samsung-compatible devices from your mobile phone or tablet. After you login (and set up an account if needed), the app will automatically look for compatible devices like your smart TV.
2. Allow Screensharing – Choose which screen you want to mirror. Select Screen Sharing (aka “Smart View”).
3. Set Up the Wi-Fi Features – If they’re not already connected to the same wireless network, set up the features so that they connect automatically when they come within range of each other.
4. Add your TV – Open up the SmartThings app on your phone or tablet and Select to add your Samsung Smart TV. Confirm the share permissions if needed.
5. Use SmartView – When your phone or tablet is paired with your smart TV, use the Smart View feature to use the mirroring function.
These steps may vary depending on the smart TV brand and model, as well as the Chromecast version.
Troubleshooting the Setup Process
There are many reasons why you might be having trouble getting Chromecast to work on your Samsung TV. Here are some common problems and solutions.
Your Chromecast Is Not Connecting to the Internet
Here are some things to check and try if Chromecast isn’t connecting to the internet:
- Make sure that your Chromecast is plugged directly into a wall socket. Make sure that there isn’t any electrical interference going on around your home.
- You can also try unplugging the Chromecast and plugging it back in again.
- Make sure you are logged in to the Google Home app
- Is your Wi-Fi signal strong? Try bringing your Wi-Fi router closer to the TV, if possible.
- Check that your phone or tablet are on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi router and plug it back in
- Try a LAN Adapter for the TV
Learn more about a Smart TV with No Internet Connection.
Your Chromecast Is Not Turning On
If your Chromecast doesn’t turn on, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Try rebooting the Chromecast, if possible
- Use another power charger box if you have one
- Use a different cable
Your TV Doesn’t Have an HDMI Port
Chromecast works only with certain types of TVs. Your TV must have an HDMI port. Some TVs have two ports — one HDMI port and one component video port.
Some older TVs do not have an HDMI port, so you can buy a HDMI to AV converter like this one on Amazon.
Last update on 2023-03-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Chromecast and Samsung TV Final Thoughts
All in all, installing Chromecast on your Samsung TV is pretty straightforward. It’s easy to set up and works great once everything is configured correctly. You can even use it to cast content from your smartphone or tablet.
Check out these other articles to learn more: