The eufy BoostIQ Robovac 11s and 11c are two budget-friendly robot vacuums out on the market today. Comparing them head-to-head, which one will come out on top as the better overall vacuum?
Spoler alert: the Robovac 11c comes out ahead as the Winner.
Stay with me as I get into the details of why the 11c is better than the 11s.
|Product||Filter Type||Scheduling||Remote||Voice Control|
|#1. eufy Robovac 11c|
Our Best Pick
|Triple-Filter System||Yes||Yes (EufyHome app)||Yes|
|#2. eufy Robovac 11s|
The eufy BoostIQ Robovac 11s measures 12.8 inches in diameter and 2.85 inches in height and is perfect for getting under particularly low surfaces. Unlike the 11s, the Robovac 11c measures about 3.1 inches in height but also comes with a diameter of 12.8 inches.
The 11c is slightly bigger than the 11s by about 0.3 inches in height.
What about the Battery and Charging?
The 11s is equipped with a replaceable 2600mAh Li-on DC14.4V battery built inside. The 11c also comes with a high capacity Li-on battery. Both batteries usually take about 5 hours to fully charge and when fully charged, both the 11s and the 11c have a run time of around 100 minutes.
What Type of Filter Do The eufy 11s and 11c Use?
The Robovac 11s and 11c both come with a triple filter system which consists of a dual-layer filter and a high-performance HEPA filter. It also comes with a foam filter that is used to clean dirt particles and dust. Both vacuum cleaners are equipped with a pre-filter that stops larger dirt particles from clogging the system. This type of filter can be easily replaced every 2-3 months with no special tool required.
Types of Brushes, Suction Power and Cleaning System
The Robovac 11s comes equipped with two side brushes, roller brushes, and an increased maximum Suction power of 1300Pa. The Robovac 11c also comes with 2 side brushes, roller brushes, and suction power of 1200Pa.
The cleaning system features a 3 point system with the side brushes, counter-rotating, and roller brushes with a length of 14.5cm also sweeping up dirt to achieve premium cleaning results. This system does the job of loosening, extracting, and vacuuming dirt for quality cleaning.
Both the 11s and 11c robot vacuums are suitable for cleaning dirt particles, dust, strands of hair etc. They are both great for cleaning dry hard floors, low carpets or carpets that are medium pile.
Speaking of carpets, all eufy Robovacs come with their BoostIQ Technology, so cleaning on hard floors and carpets are a breeze. Switching from a smooth floor to carpeting is not a problem.
The Robovac 11s makes use of Infrared sensors to navigate around the house. Coupled with its relatively smaller build, the Robovac 11s moves randomly on the floor with no apparent course. It still manages to cover every square inch of the room before moving to the next room.
The Robovac 11c also makes use of Infrared sensors in moving, and may have problems with very dark floors because the sensors may have a hard time detecting objects. It navigates randomly around obstacles and it is able to recognize obstacles just before impact and turn away.
How To Control the Robot Vacuums
The Robovac 11s is controlled with the aid of a remote that is oblong in shape. The 11s isn’t equipped with phone or voice control as opposed to the 11c. The Robovac 11c can be controlled with an app by first connecting it to a WiFi. Once the device is connected to a WiFi, you can proceed to downloading the EufyHome app, creating an account and then pairing the device with the app over WiFi.
The Robovac 11c is also equipped to run with Alexa Voice Assistant from Amazon. Alexa can be made to start and stop the vacuum cleaning thereby making the process effortless.
The 11c also comes with boundary strips that you can place anywhere on the floor to block off areas you don’t want the Robovac going.
The method for cleaning both the Robovac 11s and the Robovac 11c are the same. It involves emptying the dust collector into a can after every use and weekly cleaning and inspection of all the detachable parts of the robots by turning it upside down on a soft surface and detaching each part one after the other. You can clean either with a dry cloth or with the aid of a dust vacuum.
The roller brushes are detached carefully and cleaned properly, removing any extra debris still clinging to the brush hairs. The side brushes are also detached and cleaned, the brushes are also inspected in case of damage or deformity. Other detachable parts of the robot are detached and cleaned as well.
Other features of the Robovac 11s and 11c includes;
- In the Robovac 11s, the power button at the top also serves as an indicator light; it shows orange when the device is charging, blue when the device is fully charged, and red when there is a problem with the device. While in the Robovac 11c, next to the power button is the WiFi indicator light.
- The Robovac 11s cannot be controlled by an app or digital assistants, the only external control it has is the remote. Additional direction pads help you control the robot to clean spots it earlier missed during navigation. However, in the Robovac 11c, directional pads in the app enable you to steer the vacuum when it is connected to the same network.
- Schedules on the Robovac 11s cannot be customized like in the 11c. That is to say, when you set the vacuum to clean at a particular time on a particular day, it cannot clean at another time on a different day.
- The BoostIQ Robovac 11s and the 11c are equipped with a function called the Boost mode which allows the vacuum to increase its power when the vacuum senses it’s on a tougher surface like carpet. That means if the power setting was on low, it can increase it to a higher power setting.
Robovac 11s Pros and Cons
- Cheap and affordable
- Smaller and more compact build
- Great cleaning performance
- Impressive battery life
- Variety of cleaning modes
- Super easy to set up
- Not enough options for scheduling
- No app control
- Not equipped with digital assistants
Robovac 11c Pros and Cons
- Great at picking up pet hair
- Boundary strips compatible
- Relatively affordable
- Equipped with app control
- Compatible with Amazon digital assistant Alexa
- Impressive navigation and mapping
- Impressive robot run time
- Problems with the direction pad in the app while steering
- Google assistant is not supported on this device
Who Should Buy the Robovac 11s?
- If you’re looking for a small, compact vacuum that can get under furniture
- If you’re looking for a quiet device that can function even while the Tv is on without disturbing it
- If you’re looking for a device without app command or without the assistance of Alexa
- If you’re on a low budget
- If you want no trouble with set up
- If you’re looking for a vacuum with an impressive suction capacity
Who Should Buy the Robovac 11c?
- If you are looking for a vacuum with phone and voice commands.
- If you want a device with impressive navigation and mapping.
- If you’relooking for a vacuum that is easy on the pocket.
- If you’re looking for a vacuum that does not generate noise.
- If you want to control your vacuuming even when you are not in the room or in the building.
- If you’re looking for a vacuum that will cover multiple types of floors and carpets.
It’s a tough choice as both products are great, but the Robovac 11c has the edge as the better robot.
The relatively affordable price and compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are great. The boundary strips also make the 11c a better choice than the Robovac 11s.
Check out other related robot vacuum comparisons: