The eufy 11s vs 15c Max differences don’t seem large on the surface, but when you dig into the details of the features, one stands out quickly. The price difference between the two is not that large, so one provides much more value than the other.
We’re going to get into the nitty-gritty of it here, but if you’re in a hurry, the eufy 15c Max is the better robot vacuum. The extra suction power and wireless control capabilities make the 15c Max the one to buy.
Let’s get into the details of each one.
There’s barely any size difference between the 15c Max and 11s. The Robovac 11s measures 12.8 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches in height. While the Robovac 15c Max measures 2.85 in height and 12.8 inches in diameter.
Cleaning under low furniture can be a problem for robot vacuums sometimes. Thankfully, both the Robovac 11s and Robovac 15c Max are impressive when it comes to getting under low furniture because of their relatively small size.
Battery and Charging Capacity
The eufy Robovac 11s has a 14.4V, 2600 mAh Li-on battery with about 27W of rated power, the same as the Robovac 15c Max. So there’s no difference between the batteries in these two vacuums.
It’s an added advantage that eufy did not compromise on the battery. eufy boasts that these vacuums will provide at least 100 minutes of run time when they are fully charged.
Both the 11s and the 15c Max take about 5 hours to be fully charged.
Filter Type Used
Both the Robovac 11s and 15c Max vacuums are equipped with a triple filter system: one high-performance filter and a dual-layer filter. It’s particularly useful in vacuuming strands of hair, spilled cereal, sand particles, etc. The pre-filter and the foam filter make up the dual-layer filter used for fine dirt particles and dust.
You’ll want to check the filters every couple of months too to see whether or not they need to be changed. The filters can be replaced after a couple of months due to dirtiness, damage, or deformity.
Brushes, Suction Power and Cleaning System
The Robovac 11s and 15c Max come with similar brush designs too. They’re equipped with two side brushes, a revolving brush, and a brush roll underneath the robot for deep carpet cleaning.
The suction power for the 11s vs 15c Max is where the differences start to show. The highest suction power for the Robovac 11s is 1300Pa. However, with the Robovac 15c Max, eufy boosted the suction maximum power to a staggering 2000Pa. That’s an over 50% increase of power, without a 50% price increase.
The cleaning systems for both the Robovac 11s and the Robovac 15c Max are the same as they both involve a 3-point system of cleaning that includes the counter-rotation of the 2 side brushes, the suction power, and the revolving brush that is used in sweeping up dirt particles.
One drawback for both the 11s and the 15c Max is that they don’t self-empty. There’s no automatic dirt disposal, but that’s understandable as they’re budget-friendly vacuums. The Roomba i7+ and s9+ will both self-empty, you can read more in the Roomba comparison article.
If you have high pile carpet at home, you’ll want to get the top-of-the-line Roomba s9+. Or use a different vacuum on thick carpet. Read more about Roomba and carpets in this post.
The Robovac 11s navigation involves the use of infrared and bumper sensors in moving around the room. Although random, the movement of the Robovac 11s is aided by these sensors which help the device elude obstacles.
The same can be said of the Robovac 15c Max, the movements are not pre-mapped and the sensors direct the robot while vacuuming to avoid obstacles and prevent it from falling down any stairs.
A special note, eufy Robovacs and dark floors don’t generally play well together. Dark floors could are a problem sometimes for the sensors because the infrared sensors have a hard time reading in darkness.
Robovac Vacuum Control
Finally another difference between the 15c Max and 11s. The Robovac 11s is controlled with a physical remote control. The 11s isn’t voice-enabled or WiFi-enabled.
The Robovac 15c Max in contrast is equipped with WiFi and voice control capabilities. When you get the Robovac 15c Max, you connect it to the eufyHome app by first connecting the device to WiFi with the specific frequency 2.4GHz. You’ll then create an account on the app and link it to your robot vacuum.
The eufy 15c Max can be controlled with Amazon’s Alexa and Google Digital Assistant. You’ll be able to do things like start or stop cleaning with voice prompts.
Maintenance is the same for both the Robovac 11s and the 15c Max and should be followed for the longevity of the vacuums.
The vacuum’s dustbin should be emptied after every use to avoid clogging. The bin should be pulled out by pressing on the release button and ejecting it, with the contents properly disposed of.
eufy recommends cleaning their robots once a week depending on how frequently you use it. During routine cleaning and maintenance, remove and clean the brush rollers for hair entaglements. You can do that by lifting the open side of the brush and detaching it from the robot.
Clean the side brushes too. Gently pull the swivel wheel and clean the bottom area. You’ll want to also wipe and clean the sensors for clear guidance.
- eufy robots have the ability to adapt to the surfaces which it cleans. This is their BoostIQ technology that’s present on both the Robovac 11s and 15c Max. BoostIQ increases suction power from low to the maximum in 1.5 seconds when it determines more power is needed.
- The eufy BoostIQ Robovac 11s and 15c Max clean quietly. Vacuums can get loud and become an annoyance. The amount of noise generated is around just 55 decibels for both vacuums. EPA says 55db “will permit…sleeping, working…”
- The Robovac 15c Max has a find my robot feature that enables you to pinpoint the location of the vacuum at any time. The 11s doesn’t have this feature.
- Both the Robovac 11s and 15c Max have a 12 month warranty that covers internal damage.
eufy BoostIQ Robovac 11s Pros and Cons
- Cheap and Affordable.
- Smaller in size.
- Impressive battery capacity.
- Different cleaning modes.
- Easy to set up and operate.
- Can’t be controlled via the eufyHome app
- No voice control capabilities
- Less suction power
eufy BoostIQ Robovac 15c Max Pros and Cons
15c Max Pros
- Compact size.
- Bigger dust box, can accommodate more dirt and dust.
- Equipped with Amazon and Google assistant.
- BoostIQ mode enabled.
- Equipped with Find my robot feature.
- Low noise levels while vacuuming.
- Comes with additional gadgets.
- Excellently vacuums thin-medium pile carpets and floors.
15c Max Cons
- Relatively more expensive.
- Doesn’t do a good job with thick carpets and rugs.
Who Should Buy eufy Robovac 11s?
- If you’re looking for a small robot vacuum
- Those wanting a quiet robot vacuum
- On a lower budget
- Want a simple, easy to use robot vacuum
- Has no carpet or only low pile carpet
Who Should Buy the eufy Robovac 15c Max?
- If you are looking for a vacuum robot with a bigger dust box
- Like to control via a mobile app or voice control
- Likes the find my robot feature to keep track of the Robovac
- Has low to medium pile carpet at home
- Has multiple surface types where the additional suction power is needed
eufy Robovac 11s vs 15c Max Final Thoughts
In the end, the eufy 11s and 15c Max are both budget-friendly robot vacuums, so they’re both great options if you’re looking for a starter robot. If you are able to spend a little more and you’re choosing between the two, the 15c Max is the better option.
Although the 15c Max is more expensive, the better features provide better overall value. The extra suction power works well with its BoostIQ technology, so if you have multiple flooring types at home, you’ll want that.
The 15c Max is also WiFi and voice control compatible, so that’s a big plus. You run less risk of losing your phone and voice, than losing a vacuum’s remote control.
If you’re looking for more eufy Robovac comparisons, check out other ones below: